How Do I Book Tickets?
- Booking Hotline Number: 0844 858 5025*. Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge
- Online: www.bonusarenahull.com/whatson
- In Person: Please visit the Bonus Arena Box Office located at the front of the building where our staff will be able to assist you.
- Accessibility Bookings: 0800 9884440
Venue facility and booking fees apply.
Box Office Opening Hours
The box office is open 1 hour before show time, at the arena performance is taking place.
Ticketmaster Ticket Enquiries
If you have made a booking via Ticketmaster Website / Booking Hotline Number please telephone their customer services department on 0844 858 5025 for any further assistance, Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge
Conditions of Sale
For our full terms and conditions please visit.
Tickets Frequently Asked Questions
I purchased tickets on the day they went on sale and a friend gained better tickets closer to the event or just after I booked.
This can be for many reasons including:
1. When final size of the stage and production is known more seats may be made available for sale.
2. Unsold returns from Promoters and their contractual allocations (identified earlier).
3. During the booking process those tickets chosen are frozen until the booking process is complete. If that patron does not complete the purchase then those tickets come back into the system to be purchased.
If a show is 'sold out' why are tickets available on the day of the show?
With all shows, there are some tickets kept off sale until the stage and production are finally in place on the day of the show in case this is larger than indicated. An Artist usually has in their contract that they are allowed a number for their use. Those may not all get used therefore will be released for sale. Some Promoter ticket agencies may not have sold their total allocation and may return some. Most of these returns will go on sale around midday on the day of the show.
What is the Venue Facility Fee of £1.00 per ticket?
The venue facility fee covers the increased property rates introduced by central government in 2017 and the extensive security measures added for public safety.
Third Party Ticket Re-sale Sites
Whilst re-selling tickets is not illegal or against Arena ticket terms & conditions, re-selling for profit is, and it is particularly upsetting and despicable when large premeditated profits are made from genuine fans.
The Arena is constantly monitoring re-sale sites, and has the power to void any tickets found to be selling at a profit. Arena management together with their ticketing services provider Ticketmaster, have identified an individual site who is re-selling Arena show tickets for a major profit in significant quantities.
We will always strongly advise all patrons to purchase from official arena box offices or ticketing services providers such as Ticketmaster for full protection and satisfaction.
I have bought tickets on a third party site, what could happen?
- If we have spotted them selling at more than face value they could be voided and admission at the event refused.
- Your tickets may not be despatched from the seller and you are left out of pocket
- Your tickets may have been re-sold more than once with the seller requesting duplicate tickets, making yours immediately invalid.
- If you receive your tickets, and they are lost/stolen, you are not covered for duplicate tickets
- You may not gain entry if it is an event where photo ID must match the customer name printed on the ticket.
How will I know if they are voided? - All initial purchasers are told by letter and told to refund monies to people they have sold to. Whether they will is your risk.
Will I get my money back on voided tickets? - That is between you and whoever you purchased from, not us.
I've seen tickets on a third party site, should I buy? - Our guidance would be that if you want tickets please wait until nearer the event. Sometimes additional tickets may become available when production, viewing and safety issues are completed. If this happens we will also advertise the fact. We DO NOT recommend any purchases other than from an official outlet.
For those with difficulty operating a telephone, a dedicated email has been set up to make the process of booking tickets much easier. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this email address is strictly only for patrons who cannot operate a telephone, all other enquiries should be made via the booking hotline, no correspondence will be entered into for general enquiries.
There is an increasing number of pre/priority on sales prior to a General Public on Sale. Some examples of these are:
1. Tour Sponsor
2. Artist Fan Club
3. Promoters V.I.P Club
4. Previous Bookers of Artist
5. Arena Mailing List.
Depending on the rate of sales and allocations of these sales will dictate the numbers of tickets for Public on Sale.
We always insist on a good selection still being available for Public on Sale.
Meet and Greet / Backstage Passes / Special Announcements
Unfortunately, backstage passes are not available to buy, however, selected events may offer VIP tickets to be purchased via Ticketmaster which can include exclusive meet and greet opportunities.
All special requests including birthday announcements, ‘shout outs’ and autographs are dealt with on an individual basis via the artist’s promoter. Any requests can be forwarded in writing to the Bonus Arena and these will be passed on to the relevant persons in good faith, however, we have no influence in any decision.
It is always better to contact the artist directly in this case.
Children Under 14 Policy
As a responsible entertainment venue, the safety and comfort of our patrons is paramount. This Duty of Care is particularly relevant when protecting minors under 14 years old; as such our policy is that all children under *14 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
For certain shows where the audience is both seated and standing, no one under 14 years old will be permitted AT ALL to stand on the auditorium floor.
Parents should always be aware of their general responsibilities regarding their children’s safety in situations where they are outside their direct control, and indeed legislation detailing these responsibilities.
* Unless photographic proof of age is supplied, Arena staff will make a judgement based on visual appearance prior to entry.
Can I bring a camera into the Arena?
The official policy of the Arena and the touring shows, forming part of the conditions of sale when you purchase a ticket, is that the unauthorised use of cameras, video and any other form of recording equipment including iPads and Tablets is strictly prohibited. However, some of the shows do permit the use of small digital cameras including, in many cases, 'bridge' cameras (larger digital cameras with zoom lenses that cannot be removed). For the avoidance of any confusion 'professional' cameras with removable and interchangeable lenses are always prohibited. Unfortunately, the camera policy for a specific show is typically only confirmed on the day of the event. We would advise that if you choose to bring a small digital camera to the Arena you must be prepared not to use it if requested not to do so.
Smoking Policy and Electronic Cigarettes
Bonus Arena is a smoke free venue; smoking is not allowed throughout the building.
It is possible to smoke outside of the venue; a dedicated smoking area is located outside at the front of the Arena.
Electronic cigarettes and vaping are not permitted for use inside, due to the sophistication of these devices; it is increasingly difficult to identify guests in the auditorium smoking compared to those smoking electronic cigarettes. To assist with this, guests who wish to use these devices are requested to use the external smoking area.
- Backpacks, holdalls, luggage, computer bags and cushions**
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including any liquid products which can be consumed**
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras and professional cameras
- Laptop computers, Ipads and Go Pro’s
- Large/golf umbrellas
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners or flags with or without poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (Frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace pepper spray etc)
- Fireworks, confetti or glitter bombs or sprays
- Glow sticks
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Masks and helmets
- Large studs and chains
- Glass bottles of perfume
- Anything else which we deem to ruin the enjoyment or viewing experience of others
- Any refreshments or refreshment containers
- Cameras & recording equipment including iPads and Tablets: the unauthorised use of cameras, video, iPads and Tablets and any other form of recording equipment is strictly prohibited. However, some of the shows do permit the use of small digital cameras including, in many cases, 'bridge' cameras (larger digital cameras with zoom lenses that cannot be removed). For the avoidance of any confusion 'professional' cameras with removable and interchangeable lenses are always prohibited. Unfortunately, the camera policy for a specific show is typically only confirmed on the day of the event. We would advise that if you choose to bring a small digital camera to the Arena you must be prepared not to use it if requested not to do so.
**Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs, we ask this is communicated to venue ahead of visit for ease of entry.
All entry constitutes consent to search. If you refuse an inspection you will not be admitted and will not be given a refund. Patrons will be refused entry if they attempt to enter the venue with the prohibited item.
Bonus Arena is committed to providing a high quality service and experience to all our customers. We recognise that we may not always provide the high level of service that we would like and welcome the opportunity to consider and respond to any concerns that our customers may have.
You can notify us of any concerns you may have in relation to the Bonus Arena in a number of ways:
By post to:
Customer Services Department, Bonus Arena
or by email to: email@example.com
We aim to respond to your concern within 21 working days. In the event that our investigations are still ongoing and it appears unlikely we will be able to respond within our target times, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and provide an estimate of our anticipated response time. We shall keep you informed of progress and respond as soon as possible following conclusion of our investigation.